At the request of many, I am sharing with you my never-fail brownie recipe. It’s pretty good, if I may say so myself.
You will need:
275g caster sugar
185g unsalted butter
200g dark chocolate
90g plain flour
40g cocoa powder
3 medium eggs
– toppings/fillings of choice: pictured is 100g Cadbury chocolate squares and mini eggs. I also recommend Oreos, Creme Eggs, Reese’s Pieces, Miniature Heroes and Malteaser Bunnies.
Serving: It depends on how generously you slice it up really!)
Preheat your oven to 150°C.
1. Grease and line your baking tin – I recommend 20 x 20cm. I grease the tin, place on my baking paper, and then grease the paper. The first coat of grease holds the paper snug to the tin and the second coat stops the brownies sticking to the paper.
2. Break up the chocolate and cut up the butter. Melt it into beautiful chocolatey goo using a bowl over a pot of water or the microwave. Sit it aside to cool.
3. Sieve the flour and cocoa powder onto a plate/spare bowl.
4. Place the eggs and sugar into a bowl. Using an electric whisk, beat them until they go foamy and triple in volume.
5. Add the melted chocolate and butter mixture. Fold in carefully – don’t break the bubbles by stirring like a maniac!
6. Sieve the flour and cocoa powder into your mixture. Sieving it again despite doing it at the start ensures a lovely fluffy brownie.
7. Fold the flour in – again, make sure you don’t burst all the bubbles. Work quickly but gently!
8. Pour the mixture into the tray – try to avoid loads of spooning and scraping (again: watch the bubbles!) and don’t drop the mixture from a height. Tilt the tray to get the mixture into the corners; don’t spread it.
9. Chop up your fillings if necessary.
10. Scatter the fillings across the mixture and bake for 20-25 mins.
Slice it up and enjoy!
The options are absolutely endless – there’s very little I won’t fling into brownies. Pretzels, Creme Egg, Reese’s Pieces, Lion Bar….the world is your oyster!