This is more of a recommendation rather than an actual recipe as it’s so easy… But believe me: it’s good.
- 3 fish fingers/goujons
- 2 slices of good bread (I chose tiger bread – the small one)
- 1 slice of smoked bacon
- Garden peas
- Some butter
- 1 cherry tomato
- Small slice of cucumber
- Salad leaves
- Tartare sauce – I recommend Bramwells from Aldi.
1. Cook your fish as per instructions. Cube bacon and fry until as crispy as you’d like it.
2. Cook peas – I used garden peas and as we started cooking I thought I’d have been better with marrowfat. But in reality, the garden pea texture really worked for us!
3. Mash the peas with some butter to hold them together and then stir in your bacon.
4. Assemble the sandwich! We opted for tartare sauce on each slice (with one being pretty thickly spread) and in this order we placed on salad leaves, tomato and cucumber, fish fingers, peas & bacon.
5. Serve and destroy.