I was recently sent some gorgeous foodie items from Ardshealach Smokehouse up in Glenuig.
They asked me to try them out and I decided to get creative with the goods. They sent me some of their Roast Smoked Salmon which I absolutely loved, so I played with it to create some salmon-based recipe goodness for your reading pleasure!
You will need (for 3 big or 4 small portions):
4 hot/roast smoked salmon fillets
200g large conchiglie
300ml double cream
150ml white wine
1 large brown onion
4 cloves garlic
Parmesan (I honestly have no idea how much I used!)
A pack of tender stem broccoli
A handful of spinach
A handful of fresh curly parsley
- Set your oven to 180°C and boil up a big pan of water.
- My salmon was frozen and I forgot to take them out in advance so I wrapped the fillets in foil and baked them for 15-20 minutes.
- Finely chop the onion, crush the garlic, chop the broccoli into 1 inch pieces, slice the spinach and finely chop the parsley.
- Add the conchiglie to the water and cook as per instructions (mine didn’t have instructions and took a good 15 minutes). You’ll add the broccoli in for the last 5 minutes.
- Fry the onion and garlic until softened and add the wine, spinach and a good handful of the parsley.
- Bring to the boil and reduce. Add the cream, Parmesan and heat until warm.
- Flake apart the salmon, and then just add everything together!
- Sprinkle with some extra Parmesan and some parsley – then enjoy!