This is a staple autumn/winter recipe that I swear by for a warming, comforting and seriously delicious dinner!
The best part: it only takes 15 minutes before work in the morning!
You will need:
Lamb (I used a half leg)
1 tin chipped tomatoes
1 pepper / handful of mixed peppers
1 stock cube
½ bottle of red wine
2.5ml mixed herbs
This will feed 3 people – or 2 hungry/greedy people as was the case for us!
- Seal your lamb by frying around all the edges in a hot pan with no oil. Place it into the slow cooker.
- Chop the peppers, leeks and courgettes into decent size chunks – big enough to prevent them from disintegrating. Half the shallots. The leftovers from the packs of vegetables I bought I chopped up and stuck in the freezer so it’s even quicker next time!
- Add the vegetables, your tin of chopped tomatoes, half bottle of wine, stock cube and herbs/spices – then a nice dose of black pepper. A bay leaf wouldn’t go amiss here either if you have any!
- Put the slow cooker on and go to work or off you trot to do whatever you fancy for the day! I had mine cooking for nearly 10 hours and the meat was absolutely amazing.
- Remember to remove the fatty layer if your lamb has one and all the bones from the slow cooker at this point.
- I quickly made up some mashed potato with (pretty much a whole tub of) spring onion Philadelphia mashed into it. I completely recommend it!